Friday, 23 November 2012

"Unfair" is Totally Relative

Whenever I get in one of my slumps and I hear words like 'unfair', 'deserve' or 'why' in my inner dialogue, I always remind myself of one salient fact;

- I was not born in a slum in India or a hut in Africa or a tin shack on the side of a mountain in RDJ.

  • I have the ability to change my circumstances
  • I have access to medicine and healthcare
  • I had a (sometimes free) education
  • I am not being forced to bear children or get married
  • I can choose where to live and what income to earn
In Western Society- life is only unfair to those who do not take responsibility for their own lives.

I am NOT one of those people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment on my little ol' blog?
Really?
Now that's pretty cool.
Thanks!