I watched the movie "WE" tonight. A film directed by Madonna and panned by the critics world-wide.
And that really shits me, as I don't need to be intellectually challenged EVERY time I see a movie.
Sometimes I just want to indulge in the music or the scenery or the costumes. Sometimes I just want the 'feeling' of the movie to drift over me. Carry me down a bubbling stream with warm sun on my skin and cool water touching my fingertips.
That's how I felt watching "WE", tonight. The music (mostly piano) tinkled through my skin and into my bones. I felt jittery and awash.
I loved the feeling.
I loved that the story didn't try to educate me or to say anything too serious.
I loved the romance and the promise that loves is still available even to the most broken of us - which of course, I am.
Films like "WE" remind me that it is okay to have depression and to dream of love and passion and being held in the arms of another.
It reminds to continue living as a romantic - which of course I am.
It reminds to not give up on the idea of loving or being loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You want to comment on my little ol' blog?
Really?
Now that's pretty cool.
Thanks!